Master Systems Integration (MSI)
The Intellient process of bringing together component sub-systems into one “uber" system is referred to as Master Systems Integration (MSI). For projects that involve MSI, we manage the coordination and delivery of all project integrated systems.
Our Project Lead Integrator begins by developing a road map, ensuring that system delivery subcontractors meet the necessary requirements on time and in conjunction with all technical specifications and requirements. Subcontractors may perform systems integration around their specific part of the solution, but Intellient’s integrators are responsible for all systems integration and delivery. We have significant experience and familiarity in both Design-Build (DB) and Construction Management at Risk (CMAR) environments.
Our MSI team members are experienced technologists who understand the complexity of airport technology systems and the integration points of each. To maintain continuity of information and expectations, the systems integrator typically remains engaged at the 30%-60% design development milestone for a given project in a design assist capacity. This may involve digesting airport standards and disseminating complete scopes of work inclusive of enabling projects. Concurrently, this proves to be valuable in finalizing project designs and budgets for the larger piece of work.
Intellient has extensive experience and qualifications working with the following systems through all project phases.
A list of all Systems Integrator
Knowledge of the following systems regarding Aviation specific uses:
- 700/800 MHz Radio System
- Access Control Systems with Device Monitoring (DMS) and Digital Video (DVM)
- LAN/WLAN Network
- Network Equipment & PDU/UPS
- Baggage Controls
- Baggage Information Console (BICS)
- Breach Management/Emergency Duress
- Building Automation Systems Interfaces
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Fire Alarm Mass Notification
- Public Address/SCADA Interface to FA
- Parking Revenue Control System (PRCS)
- Parking Entry, Exit Lanes and Pay on Foot
- Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBB)
- Check Point Wait Time System (CPWT)
- CCTV Camera and VSS Recording/Storage
- Common Use/Passenger Processing Systems -CUPPS/CUSS
- Electronic Video Display System (EVIDS)
- Gate Information Display System (GIDS)
- Flight Information Display System (FIDS)
- Baggage Information Display System (BIDS)
- Ramp Information Display System (RIDS)
- Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS)
- Gate Display Flags/Pylon Displays
- Interactive Directories
- Inductive Hearing Loop System
- HVAC Monitoring
- Electrical Power Metering
- Elevator Monitoring
- TSA Requirements
- Customs Border Patrol (CBP)
- Airline Systems Coordination and Relocation
Master Systems Integrator (MSI) Services:
- 30/60% Design Phase
- Collaborate with owner, design team, General Contractor and Owner.
- Identify integration points for the technology systems and incorporate them into the scopes of work for the individual technology sub-contractors.
- Further refine and coordinate the infrastructure and systems needs of the technology systems with the general contractor, the owner and tenants.
- Coordinate technology enclosures, millwork and housings.
- 95% Design Phase/100% CD
- Collaborate with design team, General Contractor and Owner for technology systems-related scope.
- Identify final design technology systems issues with the design team and coordinate resolutions with the owner.
- Enabling and Construction Phase
- Parse out well-defined scopes of work to various technology trades based on specifications and drawings.
- Coordinate all technology system component tasks/dependencies within general contractor overall schedule.
- Act as the systems delivery liaison between the owner and general contractor.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to reach an agreement on user acceptance testing procedures.
- Create and maintain a technology specific schedule of procurement, installation and commissioning sequencing.
- Collect and submit shop drawings, product data sheet, RFI information, and change orders.
- Coordinate technology moves for airport stakeholders, airlines, and tenants.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with all required participants.
- Gather and submit closeout and warranty documentation.
- Participate in airport Operational Readiness Acceptance Testing (ORAT) activity and provide feedback on punch list items.
Projects in Focus
Explore our recent projects to learn more about how we put our full breadth of services to work.